In 1984 Linda Peashka sent the last of her five children off to kindergarten and turned her passion of reading into a business. The Bookworm opened it doors September 17, 1984 in the Diagonal Plaza. The store first occupied 1035 square feet and quickly grew. The store spent 18 years in the Diagonal Plaza before being moved to its new location by new owners Linda’s daughter Cathy and her husband Allen Dillie.
Linda now spends her retirement reading, quilting, reading, china painting, traveling and yes reading!